The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Friendships

2 posters

Go down

New Friendships Empty New Friendships

Post  Naasir Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Padding through the tunnels that made up the Living Fall's dens, Naasir lead Owiti down the passage that ended in the Knight's den. It was warm and dry, the floor soft from fine sand that covered the rocky surface underneath. Naasir waited for the winged lion to settle down before pulling over the remains of a recent kill, gesturing for Owiti to eat. He then snagged a few branches from the corner of the den, and brought them closer to the center.

"You're not the only strange creature in these lands, Owiti. Though I'm sure you've noted my strange colors, they aren't the only eccentricity I posses." the brown leopard inhaled deeply, trying to concentrate. It was much harder to summon the fire without being provoked in battle or anger. Then slowly, warmth began to radiate from his forelegs, and he glanced down to see the small flames lapping at his paws. He looked up, trying to gauge Owiti's reaction. Naasir slowly laid his paw on one of the branches, igniting it. soon the small pile of wood was alight, it's warmth increasing the temperature in the den to a comfortable heat.

"Courtesy of my father, though it does have disadvantages. Our pride is made up of cats like me and many, many others. Gifts from power over electricity, incredible strength, even healing abilities. We take in those shunned from typical prides, the outcasts. You would be very happy here, Owiti. Even if you don't stay, you have earned my friendship. You mentioned earlier that you could be lying, but I don't think you are. You seem too... open and frank. I don't suspect you would have the patience to deal with lies and suspicion. That is something I greatly admire, and I respect you for it." he paused, lost in thought for a moment, "What is it you're looking for, may I ask? I know this territory well enough, in addition to the plains and mountains North of here. I could help you find it, if you'd like."
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

New Friendships Empty Re: New Friendships

Post  zabor Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Owiti looked around as he followed Naasir down into the dens, surprised at the idea of a lion living in one at all. Tilting his head he tucked his wings tight against himself and kept his head low, not wanting to scrape against something or cause trouble by getting caught in stuff. Smiling he followed the other male, feeling rather relaxed in the friendly cat's presence, which was odd for him, since he had grown up fighting other cats and dogs.

Shaking his head lightly at the offered meat he layed down slowly, sighing a bit. "pardon, but i ate just before the rain hit." smiling he curiously watched Naasir gather up branches, ears flicking at the words before his eyes went wide at the sight of the flames. After a few moments he purred faintly, grinning at the other. "you can make flames too? This truly is a more home feeling place..."

Chuckling he let out a small flame from his mouth, it was all he had gathered in the low warmth of the day before the rain had cooled him down. "Open and frank eh? hm...must be your nature rubbing of on me...normaly I am neither...Im more cold and mean than frank and open..." The thought of having a friend...now that was strange for him...he had never had a friend...not since he had been taken from his sister. Giving Naasir a friendly grin he nodded. "a friendship I'd gladly hold on to Im sure."

Stretchign slowly he let his wings unfold, wanting them dry. "hm...I have little patience with lies and such yes...but I can hide it very well..." His eyes seemed to harden for a bit and he looked down, sighing low. "I....am looking for my sister....she escaped her prison a few weeks ago and I fear for her life...she's so....innocent and well meaning...not to mention she is mostly blind....I worry for her safety." He looked slowly up at Naasir, wondering if the other could know his sister.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Naasir nodded at Owiti's description of himself, believing it to be true. "That I'll believe. A hard life can do that to anyone." He shifted his weight to a more comfortable position, then listened with concern to Owiti's mention of his sister.

"That is very unfortunate, especially when their are so many creatures who would take advantage of a blind cat. Sadly I have not seen her... however I can alert the patrols to be on the lookout for her. I hope she finds her way here, strange cats seem to be drawn to this place like moths to a flame." The leopard yawned, getting drowsy in the heat of the den. "You say she escaped from a prison? How did you manage to get yourselves into a situation like that? I'm sure it's an interesting tale."
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zabor Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Owiti looked down slowly, ears moving slowly before closing his eyes. "I hope you're right....I want to know where she is and keep her safe...though her ability to see spirits should protect ehr from the bad ones..." He didnt mention that he could see them as well, not seeing it as important as he watched the other feline settling down fully.

"Hm, an interesting tale? I doubt it...I was there from when i was a cub...my....human master sold me there as soon as I could eat meat..." Murring he closed his eyes, wings tensing a bit. "The human I stayed with...made me fight...fight anything, from other lions, tigers....dogs and even humans at times...." Looking down he dug his claws into the sand underneath his paws, letting out a flame of anger from hsi mouth before laying his head down, sighing. "I eventually killed him and escaped...following the feel of my sister..."
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Naasir listened to the story with attentive ears, eyes widening at the mention of being forced to fight and kill. When he finished, the den was silent. Both lions seemed to be mulling over their words thoughtfully in the comfortable hush of the cave. Suddenly, Naasir's ears pricked up, straining to hear something.

"Ah, at last. I believe the rain has stopped, my friend. No you have a choice... come with me to life tree, where I have to report my findings on today's patrol anyway, or leave the territory. I strongly suggest the first, as your sister is likely to show up at our borders any day now, and you will have a better chance of being reunited under happy circumstances. But decide quickly, for I will be missed if I don't report soon."

He flicked his tail anxiously, waiting for Owiti's reply. He was dead serious about the last remark, Aurora was just a hair shy of paranoid when it came to patrols...
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zabor Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Owiti flicked his tail a few times and looked down, slowly closing his eyes before sighing then nodding, looking at Naasir with a strong, but worried gaze. "very well...I will go with you to this tree...but my wish is only to find my sister..." He stood up as he sopke, looking at the other feline. "I will follow her if she leaves here....if she ever arrives alive that is." he looked away, ears falling down slowly and his eyes softening, but only for a few seconds before he grinned at Naasir, eyes glowing. "Well, after you then Naasir."
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum