The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Party

4 posters

Go down

Hunting Party Empty Hunting Party

Post  WolvenRemorse Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Hunting Party Huntin10

(( This is for the PLOT: Rainy Season. Everyone who is listed under the "Hunting Party" are to start RPing here. Even if you already put in an entry, you can still RP here. ))

Adjatay stalked out of the safety of Life Tree Borders, heading for the Hunting Grounds. The River which separated the Marks was overflowing, the once calm waters now rapids. He easily crossed over using the stepping stones, though he did slip a little on the last one. Brushing it off, like a perfect Prince should, he looked back to his group, " Come on, it's not hard, just try not to think about it too hard. "

Turning back to the Pride lands, he noticed the rain had sped up the healing, the once really tall hunting ground reeds were now only about a foot high. He was impressed with the quick growing, this was a good sign, they were just have enough to blend in with, to hunt easier. Not to mention, there is a little food for the prey to eat, they would be distracted with the storm, and hunger, to notice them. Turning to the group, he smiled, teeth glinting in the evening light, rain hitting him, and sliding down his coat, " Listen, I'm the most experienced here, I think we should make a semi circle right here on the edge, then the Hunters will go on the other side, ready to ambush them, they will get scared, split up, and be easier to take down. " Adjatay was full of himself a lot of the time, but this plan did seem logical to those who are experienced hunters.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

http://www.wolvenremorse.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Hunting Party Empty Re: Hunting Party

Post  zabor Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:09 pm

(I'll join XD)

Nawvlee looked at the prince, nodding to himself at the other male's words, it was logical that the strategy would make it easier to take down prey...not that he'd have much trouble, all he needed was one bite and the prey was caught, but he was here to learn from the other pride members how to work as a pride, and that meant learning teamwork...something he'd only ever done with his brother. Looking around slowly he spotted some prey a bit of a distance away, dark shapes standing out in the recovering grasses.

Smiling he looked back at the prince, tail flicking slightly as he waited, not sure how prides decided what prey to go for first, he waited for the prince to tell them where to go...Though he knew he could hunt alone if needed.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkBeautySauda Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Hakim followed his brother over the stepping stones. Seeing Adjatay slip on the last one he broke into laughter, causing himself to lose his footing and fall into the water. Panicked he kicked his legs, he pushed to the surface and struggled to get to the other side of the flowing water but the current was to strong. It pushed him along, slamming him into boulders. By the time the water became shallow enough for him to stand and wad out his body ached with bruises. A minor cut on his shoulder stung slightly but he didn't care. Looking around the large male shook water from his pelt and looked around him. Thankfully it appeared he got on the right side of the rushing water and would only have to follow it back to the group. Slowly he made his trek back. Great, their all probably going to make fun of me now.

About half way back to the others, the sound of terrified cries calling for help drew his attention. Stopping he tilted his head and listened more closely. Where those...? Frowning he adjusted his direction to walk closer to the rushing water, following the helpless cries. As he came into view of a fallen tree half still lodged into the ground and half in the water he spotted them. Two cub's clung desperately to a branch, eye's wide with fear as they tried to pull them selves fully out of the water. With out wasting a another moments time Hakim shot into action. Pausing for the briefest moment to study the strength of the tree he decided it would be worth it to just take the risk. He wouldn't let two cubs. pride members or not, die. It just wasn't in him. Leaping onto the tree trunk it gave way slightly under his weight but held sturdy as he crawled his way along it. As soon as he reached the cubs he quickly grabbed on by the scruff of the neck and swung it onto his back. "Hold on to me!" he ordered before picking up the other one. Carefully he maneuvered his body around, using his only good eye to try and judge the right footing. After what seemed to be hours of climbing back to safety Hakim stepped down onto solid ground placing the cub in his mouth down. before crouching to allow the second cub off his back. They were indeed an odd pair. The one he'd carried on his back appeared to be a female leopon, leopard lion hybrid, cub with sandy colored fur and brown leopard spots on her shoulder's back and tail. She had gorgeous dark crimson eyes. The second cub was clearly a male black and blue cheetah cub. At the moment he stared at Hakim with cautious bright green eyes as he moved to stand protectively over the leopon. This made the older lion chuckle lightly. "Relax cub I mean you no harm I only wanted to save you from drowning" Hakim assured the cheetah. "I'm Hakim of Misfit Pride and who may you two be? Why aren't your parents with you?" For a moment neither cub spoke but there was no mistaking the grief that passed over their faces. Oh. Their dead. That realization saddened him. With out parent's they wouldn't survive out here on their own. Just as he opened his mouth to speak again the leopon cut him off with a soft shaky voice. "I'm Sidaley and this is Colbalt. Our parents were traveling together but a pride of ions ambushed us. They killed them. We only managed to survive because we ran but we didn't see the river until it was to late. We fell in" she answered. She glanced nervously at the cheetah, Cobalt, whom nuzzled her soothingly. Hakim watched them for a moment, going over his options. One he would just leave them and let them die or hope that another pride found and took them in or two, bring them with him to the others and hope his mother would let them join the Pride. The first choice was definitely not going to happen. He had risked his own safety to save them thus they were his to protect. Coming to that conclusion he sighed. "I see" he replied calmly. "Well since you both cannot stay out here on your own I'll have to bring you back with me to my patrol. If you're lucky my mother, Alpha Aurora, will grant you permission to join our Pride. I'll care for you my self out here if she doesn't". The cubs stared at him surprised. Why would a fully grown lion, a stranger none the less, be willing to do that for them? "How do we know you wont kill us?" Cobalt asked. Hakim smiled in amusement. "I'm no cub killer. And I wont let anyone else kill cubs either" he replied. That seemed to ease the cub's nervousness a little. "Now let's get going before we run into any more trouble" he suggested. The cubs nodded and rose to their paws. as Hakim lead them along the river back towards where he had fallen into the rushing water they stayed close to him. Hopeful Adjatay and the others will be as compassionate about cubs as he was. If not he would more them likely be in a world of trouble. One look at Cobalt and Sidaley told him he wouldn't care. He'd protect them no matter what. That thought made him hold his head higher, expression set in determination.

DarkBeautySauda
DarkBeautySauda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Nuru had broken off from the other hunting party, not out of choice, but the rain pelting down had made it extremely hard to scent, or even see anyone, and when you've been tracking prey all day, there's not much else you're thinking about apart from finding food, and killing it. Nuru stopped dead in her tracks, there it was, just a head of her; a small herd that had broken off from the bigger one, eating the freshly grown grass. She lifted her head, still a way off from them, they wouldn't notice her, not too mention their senses being dampened by the rain also. Nuru looked for the others, or any sign of a hunter, but she found none. She sighed, "They must have taken another route..." Nuru thought to herself, as she crouched low, it looked like she would have too catch something on her own. This wasn't out of Nuru's capabilities, she had once fended for herself, she knew how too hunt, unfortunately it meant she wasn't going to be bringing back a huge kill, just something manageable, plus she would use her fire skills, meaning the meat would be partially cooked, but in trying times like this no one had the means too be fussy, if they wanted too eat they'd have to like it and lump it. "Help me with this Kay..." She whispered low to herself, something she did a lot when it rained; talk to herself, well not exactly talk too herself, talk to Kayode. It was only in the rain when she felt he was truly with her, watching over her. Nuru sighed once more, it was recently that it dawned on her how alone she truly was, yes she'd made some wonderful friends, but most of her old comrades were gone, left or dead. Kay was dead, as he had been for a long time, but it was some what numbed by the fact her cubs were with her; a part of Kayode still around, now they had grown up and left the pride, she felt like she had no one.

Shaking her head of such thoughts she began to stalk, and already had her eye on one gazelle with a limp, it had obviously been injured on it's journey here. It was happily grazing away, just a little further off than the others; obviously thinking it was safe in the rain. Even though it was small, it was still quite plump, and had a lot of meat on it; it would do for a good meal. As Nuru stalked through the sodden earth, her scent masked by the ever constant rain, she got closer and closer. The tall grasses began to become thinner, where the earth had not been that quick at growing, and she was revealed. The gazelle caught one glimpse of her and bolted. Nuru took her chance, using the strength and speed of her cheetah legs she sprang after it, hot on it's heels, the gazelle's bad leg making easy work for Nuru. With one leap she had kocked it to the ground, as it kicked and squirmed in the mud, Nuru found it's jugular and seized it, one small flare of fire running from her teeth through the gazelle's veins, it froze, the blood inside burning up almost instantly. Nuru dropped the body, flicking her mane from her eye, she smiled triumphantly. She picked it up over her back and headed for Life Tree...
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down