The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Search for a Healer

2 posters

Go down

In Search for a Healer Empty In Search for a Healer

Post  twist-of-fate-16 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Tafara hesitated in the entrance, her paws glued to the ground with nervousness. She'd never been to the Life Tree mark before. She had recognized a few lions on the way from Living Falls, but none had even glanced her way. It had only been a short time since she joined the pride, but still, she didn't have even one lion to call friend.

"Hello? Skylar?" Her low melodic voice rumbled back in her ears as her timid question reverberated through the den. She couldn't see the electric healer from her hesitant vantage point, but she wasn't sure where else to look. She'd assumed that after the destruction of her home, the healer would have made the Life Tree her temporary home, but what if she was wrong? There weren't any healers in the South Mark; the only other healers were Skylar's brother Swetse, the Alpha's daughter Sauda, and a linion named Colton. She shuffled her paws nervously, worrying that if Skylar wasn't here, the others may not want to speak to her either. She cleared her throat and called again into the den, "Skylar? My name is Tafara, and I'd like to ask you a question..."
twist-of-fate-16
twist-of-fate-16

Back to top Go down

In Search for a Healer Empty Re: In Search for a Healer

Post  Larka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Skylar had had a busy day of it, well what day wasn't busy now that alpha Aurora was ill. If she wasn't tending to the alpha, trying to decide what the best medication was, or what indeed she had caught, she was patrolling the borders, watching for any enemies who dare to cross the line, and if she wasn't helping some other lion she was looking after Lotola. It also didn't help having her brother on her back, she was older than him, well technically, and just because he has a higher rank than her in her mind it did not give him the right to order her around. Although she knew Swetse was stressing over everything, being one of the only two rooks, him and Buru were taking the stress of five Rooks, five Bishops and four Knights, not to mention filling in the Alpha's positions while they were indisposed, along with all that having a young cub trailing after you isn't the easiest thing to contend with. At the end of the day how could she blame him, although Skylar was glad for the momentary rest she had grabbed in her temporary den. Nishati had taken Lotola for the day, and the lioness could softly slumber.

Although it wasn't long before the sound of paw falls touched Skylars ears. She hoped they were just going to their den, and she could peacefully sleep on in the darkness of her den. Then words came to her, she groggily opened her eyes to see a mottled grey lioness standing there. Lifting her head Skylar smiled, "Good day Tafara, how can I be of assistance?" She yawned.
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twist-of-fate-16 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:21 pm

"Hello, Skylar." Tafara inclined her head in respect for the experienced healer. "I'm sorry to wake you, I know you must have had a long day. But I wanted to ask you if you might consider taking me on as your apprentice." She looked up, meeting the other lioness's sky blue eyes. "I've always had a compassion for others, and I have...a lot of insight into what they feel. And since Alpha Aurora has fallen ill, I've felt a calling to be a healer. I want to do something for the Pride. So please, I would be very grateful if you would be my mentor." Tafara held Skylar's gaze evenly, waiting for her reply.
twist-of-fate-16
twist-of-fate-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:54 am

Skylar smiled at the newcomer, as she stood up to stretch her legs. She liked this lionesses confidence and willingness to help, it's just what they all needed at a time like this. Looking back to Tafara she smiled once more, "I would love to mentor you, although you must be prepared it's not an easy task, and right now, with so few healers, it's even harder. You will be pushed to your limits, as it is imperative you do not fail at this time in the prides life." Skylar hated to lay this drama on, but she was right, with healers few Tafara would be expected to finish her training as quickly as possible, to help boost the ranks. She had said the same to Itzel when she mentored the young adolescent. "Are you prepared for this?"
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twist-of-fate-16 Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Tafara's muzzle stretched into a rare smile. Skylar's words invited a challenge, one she was more than ready to take on. "I am," she replied, and felt a rush of happiness as Skylar returned her smile. "So then...what first?"
twist-of-fate-16
twist-of-fate-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum