The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Need of a Cool Drink

2 posters

Go down

In Need of a Cool Drink Empty In Need of a Cool Drink

Post  Rurouna Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 am

((I was going to post his stuff on dA, but I figured I'd post here x3))

Two toned eyes looked over the cool water as the brute looked at his reflection in the passing stream, a deep sigh heaving from his chest. He had spoken with a lot of the members, and he had hoped that they had gotten all of their missions and understood them well... However, the makeshift leader needed to take a deep breath and step away from the carnage that was left behind. Lowering his bulk down to the water, Buru proceeded to lap up the liquid an quench his thirst in addition to trying to get his mind off of what had happened.

Sadness had gripped his heart, and settling on his stomach he thought of all the fellow members that were now apart of the Star Pride. There was nothing he could do, but hopefully they would all be in a better place now, and no longer suffer. Buru knew not of the plots that were being formed against him, in fact, he hadn't spoken to a pride member in quite some time. The last one he had spoken with was one to clean up the debris after the fire in the Healing Winds. Bringing his chin down to his paws, he let his tail flip about as he thought of what else could be done to help salvage the damaged pride. With Aurora currently out with a few pride members, and unaware to him in the mists of an attack... So many things were happening right now, and it was help for him to comprehend. Letting his eyes roll closed he attempted to relax just a little, maybe then and only then could he get a proper idea of what else he could for the pride.
Rurouna
Rurouna
Admin

http://www.rurouna.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

In Need of a Cool Drink Empty Re: In Need of a Cool Drink

Post  WolvenRemorse Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:59 am

((You live in Pennsylvania?! Very Happy I live in Jersey. I'm about a 30 minute drive from Philly. Very Happy Though Penn is a big state, you're prolly on the other side or something. XD))

Itzel came hopping through the burnt debris, she used to hide in this tall grass, carefully walk up to the watering hole quietly, but now it was gone, and she was plain as day hopping around. But she didn't care, her thirst was too great. Not really registering Buru at first, she ran to the edge of the water, and lapped at it quickly. Trying to pull in as much liquid as possible before sitting back with a content smile. She turned to Buru, and dipped her head in respect, " Morning Buru, How are you today? " She tipped her head with a goofy smile, she liked Buru, he was a good leader, she respected him a lot for taking on such a big challenge by himself.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

http://www.wolvenremorse.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rurouna Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 pm

((Really?! Awesome! I live about... 45min. outside of Pittsburgh, so not TO much further, but a little distance. xP))

Buru had let his mind slip a little as he laid there, his gaze dulling and simply watching as the current carried the water downstream. The sound of the moving waters was rather relaxing, and he couldn't help but let his tense joints loosen and calm ever so slightly, letting his bulk shrink. He had hardly noticed the approach of the grey pelted female. Only when the sound of lapping water, and his name being mentioned did he come back around. His ears rose up on his skull and he lifted his chin from his paws to give a soft smile in the direction of the Aurora's daughter, dipping his head in respect towards her.
"Itzel..."He said as he brought his weight back up and settled back onto his haunches, shaking out his mane slightly as he regained his senses and dipped back into reality. "Goodmorning to you as well. And... I'm alright. Just thinking about what still needs to be done in order to heal the pride. Not just physically, but spiritually... It seems like a lot of the members are still extremely lost over the fall of the Healing Winds."But he shook his head after he finished and forced a smile to his maw, directing his two toned eyes back towards her. "I'm sorry.. My mind's a little cluttered lately. I didn't mean to just blurt all that out. How about you Itzel? How have things been going with you and your siblings?" He questioned.
Rurouna
Rurouna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am

((Sorry I didn't respond, I'm made of fail. XD))

She smiled sweetly, licking at her paw idly before laying down, going in to a loaf position, curling her front paws under her chest. Content, she looked at him with only a slight amount of concern, she didn't want to seem worried for him, she knew that if he knew he was showing the stress on himself, he'd be even more quiet then usual. She dipped her head lightly, " You don't need to apologize, I know you must be feeling a lot of stress. Don't worry, Buru, you're doing fine. Mom will be home soon, and she will be very proud of you. "

She licked at her chest fur, but paused as he asked about her, and her siblings, " Alright, I suppose. I mean, I'm okay, but ... " She shrugged her shoulders a bit, like she was uncomfortable, " I worry about Hakim, he has never been away from home, especially Guarding mom. He's probably stressed out too. Sauda has been so busy walking around in circles trying to gather all the right herbs that she doesn't talk much... well... She never was one for talking I guess. " She giggled, trying to lighten the mood, " Chike hasn't left Dad's side since he was injured and put in the the Healer's den. I think Dad will be alright, but Chike is really shell shocked. Adjatay has been working hard, though I couldn't find him today, when I talked to him last he was acting really weird, and told me he had thinking to do. " She licked at her chest fur again, " I miss Skylar too, ever since Swetse went off with Mom on the quest, Skylar has been really aloof. I see her working a lot, but when I get close, she has a new job to go do. I guess I'll bother her when she is less busy... " She looked at Buru, tipping her head a bit, " So whats it like being an Alpha for a bit? I imagine the responsibilities are crushing... " She shivered, like she was imagining the nightmare it must be.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

http://www.wolvenremorse.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rurouna Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:45 am

Buru settled himself on his stomach, letting a soft smile settle across his maw as he quietly listened to Itzel, taking in everything she was saying. He couldn't help but think of what a family would be like, seeing as how she had such a vast amount of siblings, it took his thoughts. The thought also of having his own family couldn't help but worm it's way in there... Clearing his throat he nodded before flipping his tail behind him. As she mentioned about him being Alpha, he chuckled softly before stretching out his paws a little, letting his claws gently rake at the ground. "It's... Difficult. I'm very impressed by your mother... It's truly a talent to be able to rule a pride this long. And I do hope she comes home soon, it's been an awfully long time."A pang of worry struck his voice as he let his gaze wander off into the distance.

He couldn't help but be concerned about Aurora and the hunting party... It seemed like it had been a good few hours since they had left, and usually when a kill was brought down the pride was notified, but something in the air just seemed off. However, he didn't want to show to much concern seeing as Itzel was here and he didn't want to risk worrying her.
[color=black]"But thank you for paying me a visit."He said, chuffing softly.
Rurouna
Rurouna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum