The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLOT POINT: Departure

5 posters

Go down

PLOT POINT: Departure Empty PLOT POINT: Departure

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 pm

((NOTE: This post is only for those who have asked to join the Team being sent out in to the Out Lands. Please do not respond to this until you have been accepted. This is technically jumping the gun, but I want to make sure those who have already joined can start rping here until the rest of the Team is picked. If you want to join the Team, respond to the Life Tree Post "Plot Point: Gathering a Team"))

Alpha Aurora yawned widely as she waddled up to the Borders, she had got an earful the night before, and this morning while waking up. Alpha Adwin-Badru clearly didn't like his pregnant Mate tromping off in to enemy territory without him, but he was too injured to go anywhere. She needed to do this, for her Pride, and for herself. The food storage was almost out, only a carcass of a zebra remained, something they had found charred slightly on the edge of the Hidden Kingdom. This would have to hold over the Pride until they returned with proper game. Hopefully, they had enough energy to chase a herd or two back in their direction.

Looking down at the ground, she noticed something, between the charred bits of earth, was little green shoots of grass. She felt her heart swell with emotion, their Pride lands might look dead, but it was in fact alive, already returning back to growing. If only it would rain, they would have the grass back in no time, all they needed was Prey to return, to eat those grass shoots, and they would be alright. She glanced around her, and saw no one, so she decided to sit and wait, wait until her team would arrive, and they could start this journey.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

http://www.wolvenremorse.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

PLOT POINT: Departure Empty Hope, Chance, and a little Luck

Post  Naasir Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Naasir made his way to the meeting place, the spot where the team would leave pride territory in search of a new home. He traveled alone, this time out of choice, not necessity. Being with the pride had taught him trust, companionship, and awoken a sense of loyalty he'd never experienced, not even to his mother. In a short time he had formed a bond to the other cats in the pride to where he would (and had) risk his life to keep them safe. He had earned his rank as Alpha's protector through running off an intruding hyena, a brute by the name of Akkei, and though he had come off conqueror, the confrontation had given him some things to think about. How had the pride come to find there land in the first place? It had surely been no small feet, establishing dominance in a land plagued by beasts like hyenas and opposing lions. He made a mental note to ask about it soon, for he was a strong believer in learning from the past.

As he neared the border, he spotted Alpha Aurora standing alone, studying something on the ground. He walked silently to stand a respectful distance behind her, and saw she was looking at a tiny sprout emerging from the ground. He walked closer, speaking softly,

"We cannot control the things that happen to us, only how we react to them. I know you have doubts that we will find anything of use out there, but have hope. For without it, in times like these, we have nothing else to cling to." He gazed at the sprout, a small chuckle escaping his mouth. "See, even the Earth knows the bad cannot last forever. And who does it send to bring back the good but the most unlikely seedling? I think if your pride can be as resilient and stubborn as this green thing, there is a chance we'll make it yet." Naasir laughed again, reveling in the lightness of it. He hadn't laughed in a long time, and it felt good. Hope, chance, yes... if the pride had nothing else, they had these.

Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

PLOT POINT: Departure Empty Re: PLOT POINT: Departure

Post  WolvenRemorse Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:04 am

She hadn't heard Naasir coming, thoughts swirled through her head like bees to a honeycomb. But once his voice did break her silence, she turned with a little startled look, before instantly calming. Moving to look at him better, she listened to his guiding words. When he finished, she could only be silent, before words formed on her tongue, " You're right, it's not like we don't have a choice in the first place, in the second what is the harm of choosing a direction when you are spending your days walking in circles? I fear too much these days, uncertainty plagues my dreams, but soon I hope to find a balance... soon I won't have to stay awake at night... " She didn't explain what she meant, she just smiled happily, peacefully, while staring in to the distance.

" Besides, if I don't try to prepare for these new pride members, I'm afraid when they start teething they may just end up eating Life Tree like starving Zebra... " She laughed to herself, noting her swollen belly. She was unsure how many cubs she would be conceiving for the Pride, but she knew deep down this was her last litter. Alpha Adwin-Badru was terribly injured, and had already discussed about stepping down as Alpha Male of the Pride. Her worry was starting to effect the pregnancy, making her nauseous, and light headed when she was really worked up, " We'll be alright, we just have to go boldly in to the face of unknown, and bring back some new prey for the Pride. What do you think is out there? Beyond our borders, beyond the Living Falls Mark? "
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

" We'll be alright, we just have to go boldly in to the face of unknown, and bring back some new prey for the Pride. What do you think is out there? Beyond our borders, beyond the Living Falls Mark? "

Naasir shook his head in wonder. He understood how a group of wild misfits could come together under such leadership, wisdom, and strength as Alpha Aurora and Adwin-Badru.

"Go boldly indeed." he chuckled, "As to what is beyond our borders, to that I may have a little more insight. When I traveled with my mother as a cub, an old wild dog told us rumors of the edge of the world, that if we walked east, we would come upon it. Well, we did, though whether to call it the edge of the world, I do not know. It is an incredible sight. Miles and miles of water stretch North to South, without sign of end. But the water is gritty and salty, not good to drink.

"Now to the south beyond living falls I know VERY well, but my memory may be a little rusty. Some things in my past I have tried my best to bury. It is dangerous and unclaimed land, constantly being fought over by rogue males, however I'm sure our pride could easily overcome them, for they lack loyalty or courage to stand and fight against an odd. It should provide us with some game, and if luck is on our side we can chase a herd back to pride territory for them to hunt."
He hoped beyond hope this was the case, and that this journey would not prove too difficult. Naasir worried that to much stress on the Alpha would endanger her cubs, and that had to be avoided at all costs. After pausing for a moment, he remembered his question he had wanted to ask.

"Alpha, what will happened to the lions that died in the fire? To there spirits, I mean. I was taught that they go up to watch us in the sky, but you keep mentioning Starpride, like it is a sort of... well life after this one. I only ask because I worry about what has become of my mother since I left. She deserves to be happy, and the doubt that she might not is a constant ache in my heart." he blushed, looking at his paws. He normally wasn't so sentimental when it came to his past. But he trusted the older lioness, and sincerely hoped she could give him insight to his question.
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkBeautySauda Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 pm

"Alpha, what will happened to the lions that died in the fire? To there spirits, I mean. I was taught that they go up to watch us in the sky, but you keep mentioning Starpride, like it is a sort of... well life after this one. I only ask because I worry about what has become of my mother since I left. She deserves to be happy, and the doubt that she might not is a constant ache in my heart."

"They will join Starpride" Hakim answered Naasir as he quietly padded up behind him. "Starpride is were the spirits of our fallen live on. They watch over us and at times will speak to us if we allow them to. Your mother is with them now and they will take care of her until one day you too, join them". As usual the young males voice was soft and thoughtful. He rarely spoke harsh even if he was angry. "And mother do not have doubts for we will bring back prey and once more our Pride will strive. We are a strong and loyal pride. We will not easily go down".
DarkBeautySauda
DarkBeautySauda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 am

She listened to him thoughtfully, intrigued by his words, " This is very interesting, Naasir, so you say on the other side of the Living Falls... is a giant... watering hole? " She tried to picture such a thing, a watering hole she couldn't see the other side of. Her heart pounded loudly in her chest, she was slightly overwhelmed at the thought, and excited all at once. Sitting quietly, her tail curled around her paws, " But... we can't drink it? I don't understand... Why would there be so much water, and it's not good? " She thought about it, something must have died inside it, turned the water bad. She understood how that worked, when she was a cub her mother taught her not to drink from a pond with a dead animal floating in it, no matter how thirsty she was.

His question pulled her from her thoughts, " Well, Naasir, Star Pride... " As she was answering him, her second oldest male cub strolled up, walking up behind Naasir, filling out her thoughts perfectly, letting him speak, she trilled lightly in happiness. She hadn't seen him in a while, the family had been broken a little trying to help the Pride stabilize after the fire, " Beautifully put, son, I've raised you well. " She nuzzled against him lightly, " I know I shouldn't worry, but you know me, I like to think of the worst, and hope for the best. " She looked to Naasir, and smiled, " As Hakim said, Star Pride is reserved for those with the strong of heart, soul, and loyalty. Your mother is not only sitting among the best of Lions, but she is watching you closely. I know she is. " She felt a pang of sadness, were her cubs too young to go to Star Pride? Did Cubs have the chance to go to Star Pride even before starting life? A small sigh escaped her lips, " Now to wait for Swetse, Nuru, and Natsumi. I know they will be along shortly. "
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkBeautySauda Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Hakim purred and nuzzled his mother in return before sitting down beside her. "I know" he replied affectionately.
DarkBeautySauda
DarkBeautySauda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Susano Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 am

"Here and counted for My Queen." Natsumi purred as she padded up next to Aurora. Her hooves clicked on a stray stone as she sat. The tallion had only heard a little of the conversation about Starpride. Yet she could only wonder, this Starpride sounded a lot like the place her mother had taught her about long ago. Things were so different here and yet still the same. With a slight concerned smile the Tallion looked over the Queen, her being so close to cubbing was going to be dangerous. But this had to be done, the pride would not survive long without food. "Are you alright Queen?" she asked concerned about the journey ahead. Natsumi's gaze wandered from Aurora to Hakim and and she found herself missing Koji already. Even if she had just left him this morning, it was a bit odd to be alone and her thoughts often raced back to the pup she rescued. She didnt realize how attached she had gotten to the little hyena until she was without him.
Susano
Susano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:21 am

Aurora turned to look at Natsumi, a soft purr echoing in her chest, " I knew you'd be along shortly, you are always so punctual. " She looked around for a moment, counting her small team, anxiety clenching her belly. She wondered if this was the right decision... It was... or was it? She felt her fur prickle with fear along her spine, her belly growing tense, causing a shifting of cubs, making them flip her stomach. A wave of nauseousness overwhelmed her.

However, Natsumi's words caught her back to reality, " Ye-Yeah... I'll be alright, the sooner we leave, the sooner I will feel better. Something about hanging out on our border feels like Cubs hanging by the side of a watering hole. Its fun to look at new surroundings while on safe territory, but I also know there is danger lurking under the murky depths.... " She scuffed at a charred tree branch, claws pulling it apart, " I don't think I will ever feel comfortable with my decision, until we embark, anyway... "
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Susano Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Natsumi's violet eyes scanned the burnt ground around them. She wasn't familiar with having borders or being safe, yet she could understand the Queen's anxiety. She shook the collecting ash out of her neck fur and off her horns. "There is much to learn of the world we dwell in. And much to fear. On my travels to your lands I encountered much, but I come from far to the north, across great waters. Whatever we encounter on this journey I'm sure we will be prepared." She bowed her head slightly and smiled softly, "Just remember My Queen, You are never alone. You do not have to carry these burdens alone." Her voice was warm and inviting, she knew all to well how carrying burdens weighed, and the Queen didn't need to stress so much this close to cubbing. If Natsumi could be of any help she would, even if she had to carry Aurora she would. Being the size of a large male and growing up the way she did, the Tallion would have no problem with that.
Susano
Susano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 pm

"Just remember My Queen, You are never alone. You do not have to carry these burdens alone."

"That much is true. Oh and Natsumi, I didn't have a chance to congratulate you on your little charge. I was quite impressed at Koji's behavior in front of the other pride members. I think he will be a valuable asset in the near future." Naasir smiled kindly at the tallion, sincerity in his eyes. He hated hyenas as much as the next lion, but there was something to be said about a pup who could hold his head high in the face of adversity, especially at such a young age. But as quickly as his praise had come, Naasir's countenance hardened just as fast. "As dangerous as this journey will be, I am anxious to be moving. Waiting does not sit well with me, especially on the border of untraveled wilds. There are lions out on these lands that will bite your throat without a second to ask your name. I would know, my father was one of them. Where are Nuru and Swetse?" Naasir was usually much more patient, but the longer he gazed out beyond the border, the more troubling memories made their way to the forefront of his mind. He caught himself, upset.

"Pardon my sharp tongue, but something isn't right. At first I thought it was just the thought of leaving the pride, but now I fear it is something more." He was more talking to himself now, trying to pinpoint his where this disconcerted feeling was coming from. "That touch of eyes that makes the hair of your neck stand on end, that's what I'm feeling. I don't think we will be alone for long on this journey."
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

{Sooorrrryyyy, I was held up :S}

Swetse and Nuru approached the group, Swetse felt bad being so late now seeing that everyone was here, but he had to say goodbye. He padded up to Aurora, "Sorry for our lateness Alpha, but please understand I wanted to pay my final respects to my friends and family before leaving, as I will not be here for the burial. Nuru accompanied me, also paying her respects..." Swetse and Nuru had spent the morning since sunrise visiting the dens of their dearly departed friends and of Swetse's family. They didn't see the remains, that would have just pushed Swetse over the edge, but bowing their heads and leaving a pawprint in the ash before their dens was enough for them to say goodbye. Swetse sighed as he raised his head, and looked softly to the sky, almost letting the weight lift away from him, before turning his bright blue eyes on Auroras dark ones, "Are we all now present and accounted for?"
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:22 pm

She smiled to Natsumi, nodding her head, " You are right, I have a great family to lean on, this burden is shared. " She lightly nuzzled her head in to Natsumi's affectionately, before turning to Naasir who was talking to Natsumi about Koji, " Yes, I must agree, he is truly the perfect example for the Misfits. You can't judge a creature by its looks, rather what their soul is. " She nodded, " You should be very proud of him, he is starting to blossom. "

She sat down, licking at her paw lightly listening to Naasir, she felt the same feelings he described, churning inside her belly like she had eaten a bee's hive, " They are coming, we only need to be patient a little longer, I'm sure they got lost in the clean up I scheduled Buru to do today. " She moved to sit beside Naasir, lightly nuzzling his shoulder, " I feel the same sensation, the prickling along your spine, because you know someone is out there, watching your every move... " At that moment, Swetse and Nuru walked up, causing the Alpha to jump visibly, she laughed at herself, " Oh, I'm so sorry, my nerves are so jumpy today... "

" No worries, Swetse, I understand, I'm very sad we couldn't be there for the funeral, but I scheduled it so when we come home, we can have a proper prayer together for those we lost. " Her ears were pinned, sadness creasing the lines in her face, " But I'm glad you made yourself feel better for now, this journey needs our full focus. "

Moving off the border, finally, she called to her team, " Let's depart our precious territory, and get this journey started. "

(( We have moved to: https://themisfitpride.rpg-board.net/t24-plot-point-invasion#72 ))
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down